Monday, July 16, 2012

Aloha...A Junkin' Surprise!

You never know what you get when you bring home things
from a good day of junkin'....


A couple of years ago I got this pretty picture from an estate sale.
The glass was broken so, I went to get another piece of glass....

So, I took the back off and found this...

and on the front I found this picture....

Then, to my surprise on the back of picture
that I originally had purchased
I had this.....

Someone had oh-so carefully cut
all around this Polynesian princess


Just look at the detail....

"Lovely hula girl, I'm in a whirl, crazy over you
In your lovely hands all of my plans promise to come true"


"Lovely hands that seem to say, happiness will pass away
So share all the love we may send, caring not how it will end"




"Sunset is aflame burning your name in the skies above
And the silent night shines with the light in the eyes I love"



"All the things I ever knew all the world is only you
Whirling in the dance you do, lovely Hula girl"
 © 1952 Lyrics & Music: Jack Pitman, Randy Oness

Have you ever gotten a "bonus"
when you've come home with a treasure??
We'd Love to know!!

2 comments:

cathywhatisoldisnew said...

Oh what a delightful surprise you had! I have never been this lucky!!

sweetvintageofmine said...

If walls-pictures could talk?! LOL! You have an assorted collection there...too much FUN! From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails