Thursday, February 18, 2016

Getting A-head(board)

Projects!!!
That's what we did a lot of this winter...
how about you?

We wanted to show off one of our favorite projects...
Karrie's Headboard!


How many of you have headboards?  
That is one of the last things both Karrie and I did before finishing our rooms...
searching for the right headboard...not coming up with anything...
and then it hits us...

"let's just make our own!"
after all...many of the headboards Karrie was looking at 
looked kinda like a
  five-paneled door....
and it just so happened that we had
 an extra one lying around at the family farm!!!


So off we went to pick out some
  trim and molding


    Drug the Dad and Hubby 
into the project... 
and their tools;)


We had in our head pretty much how we wanted to do it, 
but we also did some research on Pinterest 
and we discovered lots of other people had the same idea...Duh!

We did discover from that, though,
what we did and did not want.  
We knew that we wanted those panels centered,
so we trimmed the bottom off of the door....


We also wanted posts on either side... 
we didn't want the "floating headboard" look


We sanded it down, 
primed it and painted it black...



Then sanded some more to distress it a bit.


We love how it turned out
and just how perfect it is for this room!


Stop in and join us for DIY by Design 
for some awesome inspiration today!

Enjoy your week!!

Karla & Karrie
The Summer Kitchen Girls

4 comments:

Curtains in My Tree said...


It's just perfect, I really like the trim you added

Yes I have a king size headboard and the side posts goes all way to ceiling in my room
Thanks for coming over and seeing my pink flamingo plates

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Oh my goodness, what a lovely headboard that you've created. Great Job! Looks perfect.
I'm still searching for a headboard for my guest room. Maybe someday I'll find it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Yep, booth ownership can be tricky and our customers sure expect a lot from us. Guess that's why we do it.

hugs
Sissie

decorator to the stars said...

WOW, YOU NOT ONLY PAINTED IT, BUT YOU PRIMED IT TOO LOL

A Cuban In London said...

Headboards. Now, there is something I had never thought of. Thanks! :-)

Greetings from London.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails