Monday, February 08, 2016

Vintage Clay

One of the first places we head to at an Estate Sale
is the GARAGE...


We are always looking for some great vintage 
Clay Pots


We LOVE the look of these pots...
and can't get enough!


You can't find patina like this 
on new pots....


Nothing beats the great distressing 
of Vintage Terra Cotta pots...

but we have seen where you can take new pots 
and "age" them to look like older pots here.  
These new  distressed pots look a little better...
but can never compare 
to the weathered years on these beauties!


Love the "W" on this one...
Wonder what it was for?


Not only do we love collecting them and appreciating their
vintag-y goodness, Karrie uses them to hold 
beautiful flower arrangements in....


And...Spring is coming...so that means
that this week Pots are being prepped 
with some lovely moss....


and will be waiting for some 
 pretty flowers to brighten your day!


"It is always exciting to open the door 
and go out into the garden for the first 
time on any day."
~Marion Cran


3 comments:

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

There's nothing like old clay pots with that wonderful patina!! Happy hunting! hugs, Edie

Cynthia said...

These are beautiful, and I do agree, there is nothing like a weathered clay pot. I love the ones that I have, and look forward to planting them and putting them in my little courtyard. Someday, I hope to make it to your lovely store. . .I just live in Vermilion, so it is not far for me. Love everything that you share on your blog.

Curtains in My Tree said...

You girls are pretty smart to be so young LOL
I love the weathered clay pots also and leave mine in a flower bed all winter to pick up the weathered look
I like the big 5 gal clay pots and hope to get one through the winter without getting it broke.
I need to get some moss like yours to add around the edges of my clay pots.
We are expecting a few snow flurries today and i'm not thinking of spring yet

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails