Thursday, March 05, 2009

Topiary Time

We're Hooked on Making a Rosemary Topiary!

Last night we learned the "ins and outs" of topiary making.....literally!


What a fun project to do this month - it may still be too cold outside to play in the dirt....so bring it indoors!



We had Rosemary plants and made ball topiary with wire forms, and then we prepared our other Rosemary plants so that they will become a ball topiary on a stick base {not sure if I termed that right!}








Catherine explained how to make and care for our topiary. We had such a fun time, we wanted to share it with you!




Catherine brought us some of the most delicious rosemary breads that were still hot....yum!
Feel like creating a topiary for yourself? Hop on over to this blog post where you can get the simple instructions on creating your own "bit of spring"!
What are you hooked on today? Go visit our friend Julia at Hooked on Houses and see what everyone else is hooked on!

10 comments:

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Oh I love rosemary topiaries! They smell sooo good!! I think I've killed at least 4 of them :{ I keep trying...I guess I don't have much of a green thumb.

Cate said...

Hey girls! Good Times!
My car still smells of hot loaves of rosemary breads!
That was so much fun last night. Your 12 herb enthusiasts did such a good job - like pro's!
I am going to post some topiary info on my blog if this helps anyone interested.
Thanks again!
Cate

Anonymous said...

i've always wanted one of those, but i'm too frugal (aka cheap) to buy one!

Ms. Tee said...

I love rosemary - I've been wanting to learn how to do this for some time now. What a great way to save $ by making your own. Thanks for sharing!:)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I love rosemary--the smell and taste of it. I've never had a rosemary topiary, but I wish I did!

So nice to see you girls at my party today, and on Twitter. Have a wonderful weekend! :-)

Holly said...

Cool! I'd like to try that...thanks! Glad you stopped by my blog :)

Anonymous said...

I love your post! I bought my seeds two weeks ago to start an herb garden. I had one years ago but but when I started working outside the home I just didn't have time to keep up with it : ( but I am giving it another try this year. I saved a topiary tree tutorial from years ago and am hoping to tackle it this summer...now that I have seen your post...I will just come back here for my inspiration and project details!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Rosemary topiaries....I think I really NEED one. Gorgeous!

JudyBug said...

Oh I bet it just smells lovely! Love rosemary and topiaries!

JudyBug

Leila said...

Sweet!

Thanks for visiting LMLD! We are glad to have you!

I think this spring we will have to do something clever with our rosemary, as you have described.

Great post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails