Thursday night we had our
Bonfire & Bluejeans Tea
at the store....
It was fantastic evening...with great friends...
Spooky Stories by the fire
and some delicious....
Creamy White Chili
This is probably one of the best white chili recipe we have ever made,
so of course we had to share it with you....
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- (we used a mixture of white and dark meat)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- (we used low-sodium chicken broth)
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in
- oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies
- and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream.
- Yield: 7 servings.
It was truly a delightful evening!!