Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Embellishment Factor

When you look all day
at a ho-hum pillow, 
you might think that there has 
got
to be something you could do to take it from this.....


to This....


So, I took some old fabric we had 
cut it into strips, and fashioned it into a bow


I then put one of my vintage pins 
on it to hold it in place....


I sat it on top of my pillow...
already it looks better :)


I dug through the ribbon drawers and found 
a ribbon that would work!


I tied the ribbon around the pillow and after I knotted it
 and tacked it into place with my needle & thread.


Of course, 
I had to add a few more loops 
to make a nice full bow.  
Then I pinned the pin on top of it....


Voila!


What an exciting pillow I have now!

What will you Embellish?!!


Join us for some fun with 
Paula & Patti from Ivy & Elephants 




4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the pin, it adds some nice bling!

Cynthia

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Love!!!!!!!

retrorevival.biz said...

From meh to fabulous! I especially love the vintage brooch ~ so chic:)

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

I just love your pillow and oh the beautiful brooch-is heavenly!
xo!
Jemma

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails