Friday, July 10, 2009

Hooked on Herbed Sorbets

We are so hooked on our herb classes....and last night's was no different -
who wouldn't want to come to a Sorbet Soiree??

The Menu


A Captivated Crowd


Mood Music



The Herb Expert


Making an infusion with Scented Rose Geraniums

Chopping up the Strawberries

After it freezes.....scoop it up....

....and serve -mmmmmm.... you don't know what you were missing....
but perhaps you'd like to find out for yourselves with the recipe below!!

Please join Julia at Hooked on Houses for her Hooked on Fridays - visit other blogs and find out what everyone else is Hooked On!!

Strawberry Rose Geranium Sorbet
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
8 medium sized rose geranium leaves
4 cups ripe strawberries, hulled & washed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1.Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan
2.Drop in the geranium leaves, cover pan and remove it from heat. After 15 minutes, strain syrup, pushing down on the leaves to extract flavor.
3.Puree strawberries with syrup and lemon juice in blender or food processor.
4.Freeze in an ice cream maker until slushy-firm.
5.Scoop into storage container and freeze until firm enough to scoop.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sorbet looks interesting. Looks like it was a fun way to spend an evening!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I've been waiting for this recipe!...now, I have to try it...I wonder who has an ice cream thingy I can borrow....
Marcela

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Hey Marcela...the beautiful part about this...you don't need an ice cream machine!! You can just freeze it in a glass bowl or a stainless steel one!! Enjoy!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Glad to hear you can just freeze this, as our ice cream maker was sadly drowned in a flood at our former house (which is why it is our former house) -- meaning, when you live on a river, don't store things in the basement.

But this looks great... I love combining herbs with fruits -- it gives such depth to the sweetness.

Thanks for visiting That Old House!
Cass

Kristi said...

Yum! I never would have thought of putting that together. Your pictures are so fun with your music! Blessings to you.

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

That looks divine. The perfect summer treat! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend!

Renae said...

OH my goodness....how refreshing...I'll be right up!
Blessings...

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh. does this look good!! The classes look like fun too! ;-)

When you say "rose geraniums", are you talking about a type of geranium or the color of one. I don't want to use something inedible, but then again, most of my cooking is!

xoxo
Jane

Chubby Chieque said...

What? A gerarium? hmmm... exciting huh? I would love to try this sorbet in a high summer day.

TY ladies for sharing the recipe. Looks refreshing, indeed.

xoxo for a wonderful week-end.

Atticmag said...

I looove sorbet and strawberries are so refreshing this time of year. Thanks for stopping by Atticmag and leaving a comment. I'm so happy to have discovered your blog and (Norma & Betty!)it looks like fun.
:-) Jane T.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm dying to try the strawberry sorbet. That's my favorite kind of summer treat. YUM. Hope you girls are having a fabulous weekend! :-)

Catherine said...

That is fantastic and it looks very refreshing!

Ms. Tee said...

Sounds and looks wonderful! I would come if I was near you girls! :)

Catherine said...

Hello ladies,

Here is a great link I found all about mesquite and it uses.

http://www.kokopelliskitchen.com/maofme.html

Cathy

Olga said...

I'm not really a huge fan of flower-y scents in my food, but it does seem like a fun class. And the color of the sorbet is gorgeous!

sunnymama said...

That looks a lot of fun! Sorry I haven't been here for a while, we've been so busy and I'm just catching up on my blog reading. Great to get here to visit now though :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails