Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Day Trip

An annual tradition in July - The Summer Kitchen Girls (& company) take off the first part of July and drive down to Dresden, Oh to visit The Longaberger Homestead. If you aren't familiar with Longaberger, it is a company that started selling baskets, but now carry pottery, jewelry, and have a line of food items, along with the baskets. Normally we go down to have a tea party at The Sentimental Tea Room in the big Victorian house below. This year the tea house is no more.....we had very sad little girls (counting us in with that!!), however we all had a nice "together" time!! Enjoy the pictures of the sites we saw.......one thing we like about Longaberger's Homestead, is that there are flowers galore - beautiful ones...everywhere!!


We saw everyone making baskets....













If you have baskets that need repaired....here's they guy that takes care of that!

Here's more buildings on the Homestead's grounds...including our tea house...





To end - the statue of Dave Longaberger overlooking the pond. Dave Founded Longaberger in 1978. The company has an interesting history and has changed in many directions to meet the new demands of the consumer of today. If you find yourself in the area - stop in and check the company out. You'll also find the city of Roseville (of Roseville Pottery and McCoy Pottery) nearby - and there are lots of antique stores on the way......there's lots of fun stuff to see!!

7 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Karla & Karrie!
Oh how I love the Longerberger Homestead! I have got to get there at least in the fall, I love the colors or the fall trees on the drive there. I have not been in Roseville for a long time, perfect day trip idea, thanks!
You have GOT to go to Annie's! It is the best, most awesome cheesecake I've EVER had!! It's cheesecake you dream about... need I say more?
Glad you girls had a good time!
Hugs, Sherry
I now have about 30 baskets total and I take a couple every time I go to the Homestead to get a signature I don't have. My favorite thing is my little Longerberger family cookbook that my mom gave me. I take it for them to sign their recipe and they love it. I can't afford their baskets anymore so I love the ones I have!

Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna said...

I enjoyed the tour of the Longaberger Homestead. I have quite a few Longaberger baskets from when I lived in PA and went to all of the home basket parties!
Also love Roseville.
Thanks for the tour! It was fun.
Hugs,
Donna

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Looks like a great road trip!!

Darlene said...

That would be so much fun to go to the Longerberger Homestead. I love touring places like that.

Janet said...

Amazingly, I have actually been there. My son's girlfriend (KarenPetrasko.com), who is a budding artist lived in Cumberland, Ohio and I visited and toured the area a few years ago. Lovely town.

Janet

Unknown said...

I am a Longaberger junkie! You are so lucky to live close enough for a yearly day trip, what a great girls' day out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails