Friday, August 31, 2007

Joys of Junkin'

Well, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite "Junkin'" spots! I can't
help it ladies, but this is fun stuff (most of the time!) People are always wondering where did we get this, or that display piece in the store, or something in my house, and most of the time it comes from my "local" favorite shop Lene's Web in Oak Harbor. Marlene is the owner of "the junk barn" as my children like to call it, and she has an abundance of stuff - - and I do mean abundance! On the bottom of Lene's sign it says "Treasures and Trash" and she is not kiddin' - there's a lot of diamond's in the rough out there - but it is well worth the trip! It never fails, that when I go I find a chair that I just have to have!! Check out these pictures that I took this summer........













Lene's Web is located at 11313 West Elmore Eastern Rd, Oak Harbor, OH and the phone number is 419-898-4699. When you see the big red barn - you'll know you are in junk heaven!











Chairs - gosh, I can't get enough of them! I think that my husband will croak if I bring home another.....but can you blame me? I believe that I have purchased seven chairs from Marlene over the past 3 years, pretty crazy! But look at these beauties that just need a little attention and new fabric - gorgeous!










I love the dressers that you find at Lene's Web. They are painted, or not, and they have such character! Sure, you may need a new leg, or a new paint job, or a good cleaning, but - you'll have a keeper that, for the money, will be a better piece of furniture than something five times the amount you spend here!













Just recently I've been hunting for vintage linens. With all of our tea parties and, just a frustration in finding really different tablecloths, I've started searching the piles at Marlene's. This was a great find - check it out when it's open. Won't that be pretty layered on top of another tablecloth? There were two, so I gave mom one to see if it will work on the navy checked sofa for her "Williamsburg room"

I spy a couple of cool plates to hang on the wall somewhere......hmmmmmmmmmmm.....
















Kind of an odd piece at Lene's was this Greek frieze of a Chariot and soldiers....I'm thinking that I should have picked this up for the garden somewhere (I'm hoping that it is still there, I have a gut feeling that it will go somewhere, sometime........but I'm not sure when!) This last little table went home with my friend Cheri the day we went here - it's on her front porch and it is cute as a button on her porch, against her white home, black wicker furniture and red geraniums - very cool!




Well, it's going to be a great weekend, so maybe you can hit up Lene's Web - check and see if she'll be there first!! If not, you can always come visit Karrie and I!

This week we have been getting everything around to do our yearly trek to S.C.R.A.P. (Sandusky County Restorers of Antique Power) at White Star Park in Gibsonburg. If you are looking for something to do this beautiful weekend, besides Junkin', and you like to look at tractors (I know that might be pushing it for some of you!!), come on out for some inexpensive entertainment and great food. Go get some of Mary Groweg's famous homemade ketchup, have the kids/grandkids ride the "train" and make a rope, and keep time with some fancy fiddle playing! For more details on S.C.R.A.P. click on the link above!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails