Wednesday, December 20, 2006

'twas a week before Christmas....


Merry Christmas! It may not feel like the end of December, but my calendar assures me that it is! How is the holiday treating everyone so far? Last week my husband had a conference in Pittsburgh and the whole family went along. Although it was a bit stressful knowing I had a lot of shopping to do yet, I put that behind me and we had a really nice time! We went to the Pittsburgh Ballet and watched the Nutcracker. The theatre was beautiful, as well as the performance. I just love looking at architectural details everywhere I go. It must be wired in me - good thing I went into interior design!

The next night we went up the Duquesne Incline and saw the wonderful skyline view of Pittsburgh from above. The weather was in the low 50's so we enjoyed it even more with the pleasant outdoor conditions! The next morning we headed back home and then to my husband's family's Christmas gathering, then the next day we had my family's Christmas. That night we were exhausted!

Monday morning, I woke again in a panic "Christmas! It's almost here!!" Well, Karrie rescued me and we took off and went shopping for my kids and got it finished up! Sometimes you just wonder where the time is going! This is what I've been hearing every day at work this week. Everyone seems to be hunting for that last perfect gift! Sometimes we just have to quit stressing over this - I think that we get so caught up in that perfect gift! You know what - if you can't find the perfect gift - give them a gift card in a perfectly clever package - it works just a nice!!

I hope you all have had stress-less buying this Christmas season! It makes Christmas a lot more enjoyable!! Remember to take the time to spend time with those you love, and go out of your way to be kind to others that you do know and don't know. These are the perfect "gifts" of Christmas!


Things going on in the store - This week we are finishing up our sale:
20% off Christmas items and
20% off Pictures, Clocks, and Lamps

I know several of you were looking at some of our wonderful pictures and clocks, so you'd better hurry in! Next week - starting Tuesday, bring in your Christmas "mad" money, and get something special for yourself or your home! Christmas items will all be 50% off - yes, that will include wreaths and arrangements - get a jump on next year's decorating!

New things are coming in - I will have to post some pictures! We have new floor lamps and table lamps that came in last week with some big, bold red vases and display plates. This week one of our spring pottery lines came in. It is very vibrant and fun! There will be more to come - of course - so be sure to check it out every so often!

Ladies, I don't know if I will get on to blog before December 25th, so, please accept our deepest thanks and appreciation making The Summer Kitchen a special place to come and shop in 2006! Karrie and I really are thankful to have customers like you all!

You all take care,
Peace, and Christmas Blessings to you and your families, from ours!
Karla & Karrie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails