Monday, June 08, 2015

A Magical Place


The smell of earth
Strange and magical sights
A place that makes you believe there are fairies....


 A greenhouse...perhaps, but a wee bit more rustic...
An old potting shed!


Old pumps, old Terra cotta pots and dirt...
lots of dirt


 There's nothing more we love to do
(ok...except junk...)
than to visit places that sell plants...
in fact our husbands shiver when we either go to antique stores
or greenhouses ~ lol!!


We love them...perhaps it's because we tagged along with grandma
to the local greenhouses...


 We couldn't really tell you why...we just are drawn to them...
and the older the better ;) right?!!



Finding pretty herbs to plant...
flowers that will bloom...


or just looking at the architecture and styles of the good old-fashioned
potting sheds....  that's what speaks to us!


Hope you are all enjoying your Monday!
It's raining off and on today ~ we thought it would be a perfect day
to hang out looking at plants....how about you??

~Karla & Karrie
The Summer Kitchen Girls

3 comments:

Pam said...

Woo hoo! Good stuff here girls! Like you, I'm sure, I've never met a greenhouse I didn't like! The smell of dirt and flowers and plants, pure heaven! We had a lot of t-storms with hail predicted today. I watched all day to grab pots and drag them in, but thankfully no hail. Have a good week and happy planting, girls!

Cynthia said...

I enjoy seeing greenhouses and garden centers. Something about it

Cindy

Curtains in My Tree said...


I love going to greenhouses and always come home with more than I can plant in one day

I have been working in my large flower bed which I would rather do than clean my house LOL
All our rain in Missouri has really been good for my hydrangeas
I just LOVE flowers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails