Monday, April 14, 2014

Letter Writing


The Summer Kitchen Girls
Helena, OH 43420

April 14, 2014

Dearest Friends,

How are you?  I hope this letter finds you all well.  We've been busy at the store of late.  It seems that spring is getting everyone in the mood to shop!  The grass is starting to green up nicely and our spring flowers have started peeking out of the dirt.  How is spring treating you?  We hope very well!

We have been cleaning at our homes and going through drawers that have needed to be looked at and organized this week.  It was to my surprise that I found something that I hadn't seen in a while!  Many, many years ago my Mother-in-Law went on a trip to Italy and brought several treasures back.


I was very pleased to find this leather portfolio from the Sculoa del Cuoio.  The royal blue leather was embossed with a beautiful border and this stamp:


I remember when I received it and opened it up.  Inside were the loveliest papers and envelopes any art lover had ever seen!  I loved that the paper had the whole image on it in and that the envelopes depicted the same scene inside of it.  They were just gorgeous!


"Angel's First Kiss" by William Adolphe Bouguereau
When I first got it I thought it was too pretty to use, but when I came across it this week I decided that I need to get it out and write some letters.  We didn't think that you would mind at all to get such a beautiful letter!

"Primavera" by Sandro Botticelli
After all, who doesn't like getting mail? Maybe we should clarify that!  Who doesn't like getting mail delivered by the mail man?  It is so much more personal that the emails and texts that we shoot each other isn't it?  Perhaps we should encourage letter writing more.  Wouldn't it be fun to pick one person once a month to write a letter to?  


I know that we enjoy getting a letter in the mail.  It's just one of those little joys in life that says "you are special enough that I wrote a letter just for you!"  We think that it's an art that needs to be brought back into vogue...what do you think? We would love to hear your response!

Again, we hope you are all doing well and wish that you give your family our best regards.  We find that it is always such a delight to keep correspondence with you all!


Fondly,

Karla & Karrie
The Summer Kitchen Girls




"A letter is a blessing, a great and all-too-rare privilege
 that can turn a private moment into an exalted experience." 
– Alexandra Stoddard

"The word that is heard perishes, but the letter that is written remains."
 - Anon.

"Or don't you like to write letters?  I do because it's such a swell way
 to keep from working and yet feel you've done something."
 - Ernest Hemingway. 









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails