Monday, January 06, 2014

Everything But....

Everything But....
Everything but taking down the Christmas decorations!



I really don't know WHAT
is wrong...
but you would think with a Level 3 going on outside
and wind chills at -41 degrees

brrrrrrrrrr


that I could have at LEAST
taken down
The Christmas Decorations today....but

no.


Instead I cleaned out the pantry

THAT was a job!


I did a little laundry, surfed the internet....

I did a LOT
of 
surfing.

Then poked around in the freezer to figure out supper
and found the zucchini
 that I 
BRILLIANTLY
froze last summer.....

and decided to make this:


Chocolate Zucchini Cake

and yes, it is super delicious...
like a moist brownie on the bottom and a bit of a crunchy top...
oh yea....and it's CHOCOLATE.
What more could you ask for on a snow day??

If you happen to have some Zucchini in your freezer....
have a try ~ it's super easy & delish!

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1-3/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour milk 
(if you don't have sour milk....
just put 2 teaspoons of lemon juice in regular milk 
and let it stand for 10 minutes!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2-1/2 cup grated zucchini
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Cream together butter, vegetable oil and sugar
Add eggs, sour milk and vanilla.  Blend well.
In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
Blend dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
Add grated zucchini, and mix well.
Spread in a greased and floured 9x13 pan.
Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
Bake in a preheated 325 degrees F oven for 45 minutes.

CHOW DOWN
oh....
and get those Christmas Decorations 
put away already!



4 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Now, that sounds good! Wish I had some.

We had freezing temps last night, but it is pretty today and sunny. The winds blew pretty hard, but overall, I had a good sleep. Thank goodness I fell asleep before FSU beat Auburn. People wondered who we would yell for since I went to both schools, but it was a no brainer for me. I loved auburn then and still do. Friendliest school in the South.

Glad to see you back. Stay warm and eat a piece of that yum mines for me!

xo

Sheila

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Yumminess... The IPAD is spelling for me again! Argh!

Cynthia said...

This sounds good. I can't believe how cold it is all over the place.

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Well, it was 17 degrees here in SW Georgia yesterday morning, with high of 29 and at 7 AM today it was around 25 degrees so that is pretty nippy for us! Makes me not want to get out of my cozy bed and puffy comforter.. and I totally didn't want to put up Christmas decor.... in fact I still have my tree to put up though I did get all the rest packed up. I never put up the Christmas normally until the first weekend after Epithany anyways so I am way ahead of the game. If we had had son down here, I swear you would never have got me out of the house these last few days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails