Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Winter Garden

We finally got a bit of snow here in Ohio
and I couldn't wait to show you
what Karrie got me for Christmas....


a chippy garden statue...
don't you love it to pieces???

I had good intentions
on nestling it in with the boxwood in my yard,
but it quickly went on top of the urn
 by my back door.

Here's the story...
I put a fresh wreath on it
with good intentions to do this...

Photo from Martha Stewart online
Alas! 
It didn't get done
(I think I will work on it this summer so it will be done for Christmas!)

Well, that angel thought it needed to be
plopped down into that urn,
so, I did it
and LOVED it!

What a joy it is
 to walk up to the back door...
and with that bit of snow that fell
it just makes it all the better!


Who needs a fancy plinth
 to sit a garden sculpture on...

Ahhhh.....
you know we're
Lovin'  it! 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous idea! She just looks lively amongst the snow.

Unknown said...

I mean lovely not lively. LOL!

Sherri said...

Karrie has great taste-love the garden statue!! I love how the snow lays around it too! I must admit I do love the Martha Stewart urn idea, but I also love the garden statue on the wreath too. I might try the MS version next year in my urns! Enjoy the snow!!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Oh! I love her!!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DearHelenHartman said...

So pretty. With ya on a new commitment to work on some Christmas decor in the summer - sheesh, what should we be working on NOW? Beach decor?

Blondie's Journal said...

How pretty...this is an original and neat gift!

I should take your advice and start my Christmas decorating in July. My best ideas always get put on the back burner during the holidays!

XO,
Jane

Catherine said...

Great Christmas present. I like chippy.

Tarnished Royalty said...

Lucky girl! I like her on the urn. With the snowy winters we have here, the Martha idea wouldn't weather too well, but it sure is beautiful.

Donna said...

Oh, and I love it too!! Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Donna

Curtains in My Tree said...

I am jealous of your beautiful snow, it is 64 here in mid Missouri today , people walking around on campus with no jackets

I am anxious to get my flowers and yard cupid going again, but would love some winter snow

Anonymous said...

I love your "plopped" statue more than Martha's idea anyway. More cheerful, plus it can be up all winter and not get that pathetic "didn't-feel-like-getting-my-Christmas-decorations-down-till March" look, that I have been know to sport.
And let me thank you so much, for the decorating snow and scented heart soaps. It was such a pleasant surprise to find in my mailbox! It really brightened my day.
You girls are just too much.
Cheers,
Leah

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails