Thursday, February 26, 2009

Patching It Together

Here's another Reuse, Recycle, Re-purpose Post for you......
What a great idea for all of those bits & pieces of left over fabrics setting in that pile......because "someday you will need it" or better yet... "do something creative with it!"

We loved this idea we saw last week on Country Living Magazine's website. We are collectors....of lots of things, but fabric is something we end up with a lot of. Getting samples in for clients - you know, to see if the fabric would work....or just left over fabric from a sewing project. Another great source of fabrics are all of those worn out shirts and dresses that you just don't want to throw away.....Gather all those fabrics up and make a darling patchwork pillow.

We are thinking of summer....and just how adorable some patchwork pillows would be on those wicker chairs! How about your guest room? We're sure you can find some place for a quick project like this!

Cut squares out of your assorted fabrics {a 3 - 5" square would work great!} and sew some squares together - depending on the size of pillow you'd like! Before sewing the two sides of the pillow together you can add a rick rack trim, or your favorite fringe to give your pillow a finished look.
Go on.....get a good start on that fabric pile....summer will be here before we know it!

8 comments:

Trish said...

I love this!

I do not have a lot of fabric pieces hanging around, have not sewed in ages, but I do have clothes the kids have outgrown, some are not worth giving away, but certaily I could find good 3x5 squares on them.

I do believe I ahve found a project I may have to work on.

Thank you!

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Great idea...thanks!!

Local Girl said...

Fabulous idea and great for summer chairs as you say. Thanks for sharing!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Catherine said...

look like I`m going to making a couple of pillows!

Vee said...

Oh I am definitely at this point! Lots of bits and pieces that I can not toss. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ms. Tee said...

Oh pretty! I'll definitely have to remember this - my mom would love it. :)

Donna said...

Love the patchwork pillow! I really should try to make one.

Thanks for the idea!

Hugs,
Donna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails