Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Gem of an Idea

Great idea # 39
It's all about accessorizing - you knew that....but did you think of accessorizing your accessories?


We love using statues in our homes - especially garden ones. Here we put our little "putti" angel statue in the bathroom to be a catch-all for the baubles & bracelets taken off at night.

{ We also stick little antique plates below our "drop off" to catch earrings and vintage pins that we love to wear! }

Statuary is pretty easy to find - check out flea markets, junk stores and eBay. If you don't want an angel....try Venus - the goddess of love.

Paint the statue if you don't like the color, like we did here....


.....just remember - get a statue that is you - you could even try a statue that is a bird feeder { lots of room for those pins & earrings then! } or a bust would even work!

Any statue or bust will do, as long as there is the hang-ability / storage factor!

Coco Chanel is said to have used a big bowl to put her bracelets in, and used a bust to hang her necklaces from......I guess if it was good enough for her ~ we can do the same!

4 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This is a great idea, ladies! I am forever and always taking off my jewelry somewhere and then going into a panic because I can't find something! This would solve the problem, and after twenty-one days, it would become a habit! :-)

XO,

Sheila

La Donna Welter said...

Thank you for your "Get Well Wishes"! I am feeling so much better! : )

Ms. Tee said...

What a fun idea - I've never thought of that. Or of painting one, either. What a great tip! Thank you for your sweet comments, by the way! :)

Liz Harrell said...

Cute! And to think I passed the perfect white stone lady up just last week! I looked at her and thought, "Hmmm.. I'm sure there's something neat I could do with that." Darn!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails